This is a continuation of a previous post.
I took a break yesterday. I ended up playing a bunch of Crusader Kings 2, watching Guardians of the Galaxy with my parents and then watching some late night tv for the first time in a long while.
At the start of today the game looked like this:
And at the end of today it looked like this:
I redid how colors were being assigned to players. In JumpJump it is a set of hsv offsets from the image that is used as the avatar. I changed it to be rgb colors that can be easily used as css values. I use the colors to set the player’s controller background and the color of the text in the scoreline.
I just realized it could be really cool to set the color of each completed word based on who finished it. I may do that and add a bit of flashiness to the scoreline and controller of the current player but other than that I think I’m done with visual stuff.
Next I want to try my hand at the back end of this project. Currently, the word chains are written out by hand in a json file. I came up with all of them so I know all of them. What I’d like is a system to dynamically generate the chains. I’m fine with keeping them stored in the json file. What I’d like is a python script that manages a graph representing word pairs that allows me to easily punch in word pairs on their own instead of in predetermined chains. Then the script would process the graph and spit out a number of chains into the json file. The json file is read by the front end and a chain is picked to use for each round.
That’s the dream. I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish it by this week. I want to be done after this weekend so I can shift my attention back to Train. If I can get it done, I can easily see myself punching in word pairs in my down time and generating more and more word chains.